Friday, October 31, 2008

before the worst.

A couple of months ago, me and a bunch of friends organized the 30 Hour Famine.

It was an experience to say the least. I can honestly tell you that the night before, I was so worried that the camp would fail. Thank God it didn't though. Not as successful as I would have liked it to be but it was alright. Organizing it taught me a lot though.

Anyway, something came in the mail for me today from World Vision.

30 Hour Famine 2008 Project Report.
A CD. Video of the famine countdown and pictures from all the camps held in Malaysia.


All together, WV managed to raise RM1,122,563.08. Which is quite impressive considering when we went to hand in our donation cards, they only managed to raise RM300k.

This has totally got me thinking about organizing another camp next year.

Hmm......wonder whether Taylor's will allow?(Yes that's where I intend to go for my A-levels).

Seeing as they didn't do one this year. Which I thought they would considering they're such a big college and all.

1 notes dropped:

凯伦 Kailoon said...

hi
i'm kailoon
may i know u inside the CD u get from world vidion malaysia is that contain of video flashback for the famine countdown??

urgent!!
this is my email
kailoon_kyle@hotmail.com