Saturday, October 11, 2008

I know I'm wasting my time.

You know how people say that school life is nothing compared to real life? That while you may the best in school you may not always succeed in the real world. Or just because you were a failure in school doesn't mean you can't be successful later on. After all, Michael Jordan was kicked off his high school basketball team but yet he became one of the greatest basketballers of all time.

But this I'll tell you, Sri KDU does help prepare you for one aspect of the real world. Not sure about other schools but I know I've learnt one thing in my school that is very relevent to the outside world of Malaysia.

And just what is it?

It's not what you know, it's who you know.

Don't deny it. You know it. I know it. There is much biasness in our school system. I won't be particular to who I'm referring to seeing as someone could very well read this blog and I'll get reported to Mrs. Chan. But I'm sure most of you know who the few in our school are.

Why am I suddenly talking about this? I don't know, just felt like it I suppose.

There are many incidences where credit is not given where credit is due. And those who are the more well liked ones get their praises sung and nominations. I'm not saying it's always like that, but it does happen quite often.

Not only are students victims of unfairness, teachers are too. Those aren't as obvious considering that the students don't have much knowledge of what goes on between our teachers and the school management. But if you've realized, more and more teachers are leaving the school. Now doesn't that tell you something?

Sri KDU started out so well. I remember that most of our teachers were quite good. But as the years went on, everyone started leaving. Now, there are only a handful of good teachers left. No offence meant to the teachers. Biasness will be the fall of Sri KDU.

Oh well, at least this has taught us all a lesson on real life. While I'm not saying I expect everyone to be totally just and fair but I do hope that there will be a little more fairness in our school. It just isn't fair to those who are being overlooked for not being the 'favourite'.

Leaving you with a quote from Bill Gates.

"Life is unfair, get used to it."

However, I do want to be on the fairer side.

0 notes dropped: