Friday, June 27, 2008

singing in the rain.

One of my all time favourite movie is Center Stage. Not because of a stellar cast or wonderful acting but for the dance. I mean, how often do you find a good dance movie about ballet?


The entire movie centers around a group of kids who attend the American Ballet Academy and are trying to get into the company. The storyline and characters are a bit cliched but the dancing is amazing. Most of the main cast are actually ballet dancers in real life who are very good. Anyway, they're coming up with a sequel this year and I was hoping that it would center around ballet too.

Unfortunately, the storyline they're using is WAY overused. It's about some girl who is a ballet dancer but secretly likes hip-hop too. Sound familiar? Save the last dance and step up are just some examples. But I hope that there will be more ballet than hip-hop.

Also, did I mention that I absolutely love Center Stage's finale dance? The pointe shoes the main actress wears are so AWESOME!! If I could, I'd get red pointe shoes too.

0 notes dropped: