Thursday, June 26, 2008

through the night.

Every 2 years or so, my school organises this Career Week thing for the Form 4 and 5's. When I was in Form 3 I remember that they had a wide array of professionals who quite famous in their fields. So naturally, I held high hopes for this years Career Week. Cause the last time they had Melinda Looi the designer and Harith Iskandar the comedian.

What's more, the last Career Week really was an entire week from Monday to Friday. And there talks throughout the entire day if I'm not mistaken. Wanna hear about next week's Career Week? It's only three days from Tuesday to Thursday. Not even the entire day. Barely 2 hours a day. The reason for such short sessions are that this time, we have to pick which talks we want to attend. Where is the logic in this?? The whole point of Career Week is to expose the students to various career choices so that they have a better understanding of different careers. Instead, our of 6 talks, we'll only get to pick one. I mean, what if I'm interested in H&T, accounting and journalism but they all fall at the same time?? Am I suppose to just blindly pick one? Also, some of the speakers and just lecturers from KDU college. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against them but wouldn't it be better to get someone who is actually in the field so that we know what the real world is like instead of getting a bunch of people who are probably just going to tell us the curriculum at college??

The time management is also horrible. 1 hour for 4 different people to talk?? Not possible. How can 4 people give 4 talks on education in Canada, New Zealand, UK and some other place. By the time everyone settles down it'll be 15 minutes past. And only half an hour for the various career talks? In my opinion, very bad planning this year.

Anyway I've picked to attend the journalism, advertising, food buisness and marketing talks. Hopefully I'll actually learn something.

Have to convince Mrs. Chan on Monday to allow us to have the 30 hour famine. Apparently she told Mr. Zac it's the same as the Skip-A-Meal thing we had last year. Half an hour and 30 hours are so different. Hopefully she'll say yes.

0 notes dropped: