Thursday, November 20, 2008

pull me down.

I read this story a while back and one of the characters made a very interesting point.

“If the first thing you can say about the guy is the fact that he’s ‘just a friend’,” he said, making quotation marks with his fingers, “it means that you think of him as anything but.”

I don't know how far this truth extends but in my opinion it's pretty true.

Now that I think back on what I have said I do think that I tend to say "he's just a friend" whenever someone asks me about someone I like. For those I don't it's usually "Just a guy from school/church/where ever I met him."

But don't start thinking about what I've told you about some guy you asked me about.
I might really have just thought of him as a friend. So don't read too much into this post. It's just that this little bit from the story has a bit of truth in it. In my opinion of course. Not sure how much applies to other girls out there.

And do guys think the same way?

If you've read Jia Lik's blog about the notes from a stalker on the door. This is from the same story.

You can read it here Sharp Edges and Shadows.

0 notes dropped: