Friday, June 11, 2010

4D.

Guess what???

I'm DONE with exams!!!!!!

Haha.

Anyways, went to watch a movie with Caroline, Marcia, Pam and Kim. Movie we watched? The Karate Kid.

Now, I went in without much expectations as I thought the original Karate Kid was quite good and didn't really see how a remake would do it any justice.

I wouldn't say the movie was fantastic, but it wasn't as bad as I expected it to be. I must say that Jaden Smith did a pretty good job but Jackie Chan soooo did not suit the role. The basic plot is exactly the same as the original movie except that it's in China. Also the main characters are wayy too young. I mean, who's going to start a fight over a girl when they're 12? There was also this scene where some of us were like nooooo don't do it! Cause Jaden Smith is too young to be kissing a girl.

Overall I say it's a movie worth watching even if you've watched the original Karate Kid.

Most of us know the meaning of "Wax on, wax off" right?

The new generation will now know it as "Jacket on, jacket off". Not as catchy =(.

Off to Singapore tomorrow =). What else but for the Great Singapore Sale!


1 notes dropped:

Unknown said...

I think Jackie Chan is there cause there are only that many actors who knew martial arts.

And he's probably the most famous of them all. (especially for the Western crowd)