Saturday, June 05, 2010

cherry.

With the end of exams drawing near, it also indicates the beginning of something much bigger that almost everyone I know is excited about.

The World Cup.

Now, I have nothing against football or the people who seem to be so crazy in love with the sport.

But what I don't understand is how some people I know who NEVER bother with football on a regular basis, suddenly get so hyped up for the World Cup. Someone even told me that they hate football but because it's the World Cup they're supportive of it.

I mean, for me, so what if it only happens once every four years. Or that it involves loads of countries. I've never been a football fan so I see no reason to start now just because the rest of the world is so into it.

What's more, how do people pick a team to support? Do you actually do research to see which team you think actually has good strategies, skills or do most just go with the popular ones that they've heard of? Or for some it might even be which team has the best looking players.

Haha. No offence to any of you who jumped on the bandwagon. Just expressing some of my thoughts.


0 notes dropped: