Wednesday, May 27, 2009

not meant to be.

Sometimes I think that reading is actually bad for you.

Despite the whole, it'll 'broaden your knowledge' idea that people feed you, I think if I read less it'd be better.

Reading provides me the escape that I want. When I pick a good book up, the rest just fades away. And for those few hours, I wouldn't be me. I'd be a character in the book. Detective on the trail of a missing priceless painting. Vampire heroine who falls in love with the enemy. Princess in-the-making. Washerwoman struggling to make ends meet.

Whatever character it is, I'd be happy to be sucked into the fictional world. Because no matter how bad things got in the book, I'd know that at the end there would always be a happy ending for the main character.

But in reality?

Everything is uncertain. The future is always cloudy. You'd never know whether you'd make it to the next day in one piece.

I just want to know whether everything that I have to go through will be worth it in the end.



"Perfect vision on hindsight."

1 notes dropped:

Walking Disaster said...

Something about Shakespeare.
Hope you like it :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wE5jB2tl70M