Wednesday, January 28, 2009

getting past it.

Got back from Ipoh this afternoon. And the surprising thing is that there practically wasn't any traffic on the way there or back!

Chinese New Year this year was no different from the rest of the years.

The usual Tuan Yuan Fan on Sunday. Monday was visiting followed by dinner at Wah Chai. And then Tuesday is the party.

Every year it's the same thing. Eat, sleep, collect ang pow and help my grandmother.

But then I shouldn't be complaining.

After all if everything goes according to plan, this is probably my second last new year in Ipoh seeing as A-levels finishes next June/July and hopefully I'll be off to UK in September. So obviously then I won't be able to come back for CNY.

A funny story to tell.

Me and my mum went out to try and get marshmallows cause we were having a barbeque during the party. 7-11 didn't have so we tried another convenience store and my mum asked "Do you have any marshmallows?" and you know what the woman said?

"Mashed Milo? Sorry don't have but we do have Milo."

Hahahahahahaha. I swear I laughed so hard.

Another strange thing, all the time I was in Ipoh I couldn't help but think "I should have brought my laptop so that I can write my analysis and article." Isn't that strange? I used to love going to Ipoh as I wouldn't need to think about any work but now I can't help but think of work.

0 notes dropped: