Sunday, August 24, 2008

frame my soul.

I'm so tired out from the 30-Hour Famine.

Not because I was hungry or anything but all the making sure the program got a move on. While I must say the camp did not go as well as I planned it to be cause of the stupid rain seeing as it's monsoon season. But I think everything went quite okay considering we had such limited time to plan this and we're all so inexperienced.

I wanna do the scavenger hunt too. And the groups were pretty creative in their group names and building of shelter.

Group we had are as follows:

H.U.F.T ~ Help Us Feed Them (Wan Ru)
Fooderz (Greg)
Whoopsie daisy (Ben)
Balls (Nikki)
A.H.P.U ~ All Hungry People Unite (Faiz)
Femine ~ They had an all girl group (Mae Yeen)
Tribe Jia Lik (Jia Lik)obviously
Spartrix ~ Spartans and Matrix (Wui Yang)

I would say the group leaders did a pretty good job. And while more than a hundred people told us they were coming for camp, only 70+ people turned up. For the past week, people kept telling us that they couldn't come due to 'last minute' plans.

And as for the Famine Countdown. VERY dissapointing. No offence but there were just TOO many chinese speaking people there. It's like WV expects every single person to understand Mandarin. For their 1st 'English' emcee, she kept speaking in Mandarin so many people from our camp were 'sesat'. And their volounteers can't speak English or understand it either. I mean, I don't have anything against Chinese speaking people but is it too hard to at least speak and understand basic English??

Anyway, I'm going to sleep now even though it's only 10 cause I'm just exhausted. Waking up early though to finish some work.

0 notes dropped: