Sunday, August 17, 2008

mistakes are meant to be made.

Initially for A-levels, my choice of subjects were Maths, Econs, Acc and hopefully Eng Lit or Law if they didn't have that combination.

But my dad just went for the Taylor's Hartamas Campus Preview day and apparently some subjects in A-levels are not preferred. I thought maybe it was just an unofficial thing but it's true. Top universities in the UK have 'blacklisted' some subjects whereby a student shouldn't take more than 1 'soft' A-level subject. And guess what? Acc and Law are in it. Law only blacklisted for LSE. But seeing as I wanna get into LSE, I shouldn't take that subject. Looks like my new combination may be Maths, Econs, Eng Lit and Psychology or Sociology.

So for all those going to take A-levels, please click here and here for list of 'blacklisted' subjects and articles on the blacklisting of the subjects.

0 notes dropped: