Sunday, July 27, 2008

more than words on a page.

5 Days to Breaking Dawn people!!!

That is if you live in the states. Only coming out August 4th for us Malaysians at the other side of the world. And, since US is like a day behind us, we'll actually be getting it 3 days later.

The sad thing is, since I have trials, I will have to restrain myself from reading the book.

You know, yesterday I decided to check out a couple of bookstores to see if they were going to give a discount on Breaking Dawn when it comes out. Seeing as Amazon is selling it with 45% off for the hardcover. None of the bookstores have really planned anything. And when my mum was talking to the manager at Times, you know what we found out? You know how most stores will like follow the decision on one store. So let's say if Tesco is giving 20% discount then other supermarkets will either follow or give more. The 'leading' bookshop in Malaysia is to my surprise not MPH despite having the most chains. The Times lady said that all the bookshops now are waiting to see what Borders will do. Whatever they do, others will follow.

And Breaking Dawn is so expensive!! It's like RM89.90 for the hardcover. But if I ordered it on Amazon, I'll only have to pay RM40.50. Half price!!! Unfortunately my uncle is arriving on August 2nd so the book wouldn't reach his house in time. So I can't order it. At least I got the first 3 books in hardcover for 40/45% each. Amazon is so awesome I tell you.

But my mummy said she'll buy me Breaking Dawn when it comes out anyway. Yay!!

0 notes dropped: