Wednesday, July 09, 2008

is it broken?

Had violin just now at Hartamas and seeing as my sister's piano class only finishes at 8.30 while my class finishes at 8, got my mum to drive me around the Hartamas area in search of the new Taylor's College campus. So apparently it's in Plaza Damas. But since we're all lazy to get out of the car, we just drove around looking for the place but couldn't find it. After asking around, finally found out that the place is like in between all the shops where they have this street that cars can't go into. So hoping to check the place out properly sometime.

If the place looks nice and they have experienced lecturers, I may go there for A-levels. The Subang campus may be the main one but Hartamas is such a better location. I know the place so much better seeing as I've lived there for 12 years of my life so I won't get lost and I'll know where most of the shops are.

Went for dinner at Saffron. It's this restaurant in Sri Hartamas that serves really good Indian food. I think the restaurant is as old as me cause ever since I've lived at Hartamas the place has been there. Quality of food is still as good as I remembered it to be many years ago. Prices haven't changed much either. Bad news is that the portion of their chappati has shrunk. I remember when I used to order it, the chappati used to cover my entire plate. Now it barely covers half. Size of the rest of the food is about the same though. I absolutely love their Bhatura!!! It's this sweet fluffy naan like thing.

So after dinner, my sister wanted to take a drive around Hartamas to see how much it has changed over the past five years. Not much has changed save for a few houses which have been renovated and now have this ultra modern look which sticks out like a sore thumb among the other houses. The playground opposite my old house hasn't changed either. There's just more street lamps and all the swings and monkey bars and stuff have been repainted.

Driving past all these places totally bring back such great memories of Hartamas. Times when computers didn't rule our lives. Every evening I used to cycle out with the Hartamas people and we'd just cycle around the neighbour hood laughing and talking. I even remember a jambu tree at one place where we'd pluck the jambu off but never eat them. Fun times....

Cheer 08' is this weekend. Planning to go on Sunday but haven't really asked my father yet. Waiting to catch him in a good mood. Don't really know how well our teams are. But I think they'll be facing tough competition this year. Hopefully they'll place in the top 10 for all the holidays and hours they've sacrificed for this one competition.

0 notes dropped: