Sunday, March 16, 2008

i'd lie.

Now a post about MYF camp.

Wednesday 12.03.2008

Got there late seeing as it's almost impossible to wake Weng Yan up. But still in time for ice breakers though. Got put in the YELLOW group with Denise as my group leader. That girl ah I tell you, hyper like nobody's buisness. Okay, so we had a discussion about our team name and cheer and designed our flag. Finally we decided on Bananas For God(BFG).

Our cheer went something like this.
We are going
B-A-N-A-N-A-S
Bananas, bananas
Bananas for God.
My tag. And no, my name is not eng yee.

So after that we had our treasure hunt/amazing race. Tons and tons of walking involved. We walked all the way to Paandi's where my group had to have 19 roti canais. It may seem like a lot but it really isn't seeing as we have 11 people in our group. Later we climbed up Bukit Gasing. Nice hike. Climbed all the way back down to do a task where we had to put eggs into our pockets and roll over reflexology stones. My egg didn't break!!! Then walked all the way to Amcorp mall and back. Quite tiring. Went back to church and took a shower. Had our first session that night with Annette. Went back home around 10.30.

Thursday 13.02.2008

Got up around 6.30 and followed my dad to his office for a Presentation Skills seminar. It was a complete waste of time seeing as I've spent 2 years in English learning about how to do good speeches with Mr Mark. Left around 3 and reached Peacehaven at 4. Just in time for Fun night planning. This year instead of the usual skits, we had to do a sort of music video.

My group had to use the character Niki from Heroes, set in the caveman times with hair models. The 3 songs we got were Unwell but Matchbox 20, Friends theme song and Fix You by Coldplay. Talk about being emo.
Haha. Funny pic while we were outside in the car park planning the music video.

Friday 14.03.2008

Had another session with Annette. Then instead of having Team building exercises, we had an hour long prayer thing. Where for an hour we went around and prayed for each other. Something different but it was nice. Games after that. First game was where we were all tied up together and had to walk around to get flags. Quite fun but required lots of teamwork.
My group tied up.

Next game dodgeball. Let's just say it wasn't very safe. I got hit on the head with a basketball. And then we played BelalangBelatuk. Quite fun but I kept getting confused as to when I had to run or catch.

We also had this game where 3 people balanced on two wooden sticks and had to walk to one end to the other. The guys did better in this game. Wanna know why? Cause they walk kangkang. Girls usually walk one foot in front of the other so it was harder with the wooden sticks.
Just to tell you the wooden sticks and circular not square.

Then we had the balloon game which was SUPER fun. Everybody had to pair up and our hand and legs were tied to each other. After that each pair had 5 balloons which they had to protect which trying to burst other teams balloons. Then we had Tug of war. We lost terribly.
Me and my team flag. That's also my gila team leader Denise.

Saturday 15.03.2008

Last day at camp!! Closing session with Pastor Buell. Left Peacehaven around 1. Ate lunch at Hartamas then went back home. First thing I did was sleep.

Actually I was going to go into greater detail about camp but soooooo lazy right now.

Woke up early this morning seeing as I was supposed to do ushering for Palm Sunday. In the end didn't really need to as they had enough people.




0 notes dropped: