Saturday, July 21, 2007

Dissapointed.

I am very HAPPY to say that I have finished reading Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows in less than 12 hours. 10 hours to be exact. But if you minus off the 3 hours for French and 1 hour for lunch. It took be 6 hours.


My opinion on it? It was good. Without spoiling anything for those who haven't read it, I would say it was very SAD and my theory was wrong. Very wrong. I now want someone to finish the book so I can discuss it with them.

As you all should know by now, the 4 leading bookshops in Malaysia have decided to cancel their order with Penguin Publishing Malaysia for Harry Potter 7.
http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2007/7/21/nation/18369076&sec=nation

While I do not deny that many of you out there would be happy at this news since you can save 40 ringgit. I am very for want of a better word, angry at these 2 hypermarkets. Namely Carrefour and Tesco. While it is good as more people can read this book without burning a hole in their pockets, think of the 4 bookshops will you?

These bookshops have spent thousand of ringgit in preparing for this day. Where thousands of Potter fans over the world will be celebrating the release of the final book. And guess what? Malaysian fans are deprived of this just because Carrefour and Tesco want to sell the book at a loss. Yes a loss. They bought the book for more than 69.90 so in truth MPH, Times, Popular and Harris are not profiteering from us.

I may not be an obsessed fan but I do feel sad that even though it is the last book, there will be no breakfast parties, no quizzes, no contests, no treasure hunts held by bookshops just because of these 2 hypermarkets.

The magic of it all is lost. But there's always mugglenet for the UK celebrations. =D

0 notes dropped: