Wednesday, April 11, 2012

smile

And it's the last of Italy.

Got up early to go to the Uffizi Gallery. Seeing as I already had tickets for 9am there wasn't much of a wait.

One problem. A ton of Japanese tour groups were going in at the same time as well. So I had to time myself well to get closer to the paintings as the tours tend to crowd round the painting. And since I'm not exactly tall I could barely see anything.

I spent a little over two hours there. Which I felt was too much yet not enough. It's like in each room I probably only looked at a select few paintings but yet it still took me so long. The Birth of Venus by Botticelli was a little disappointing. Didn't give me the same 'wow' factor as when I first saw The Last Supper. Though I did like one of his earliest works which was the Virtues (Faith, Hope, Charity, Temperence, Prudence, Fortitude and Justice). Da Vinci's Annunciation just reaffirmed the fact that he was a master.

Wandered around Florence for a bit before heading to catch the bus to go up to the NYU campus.

Pretty right? That was in the sort of hidden garden of one of the main villas. 

Grabbed some lunch and headed back down into the city for me to catch my train. The thing is I bought a cheap train ticket so I had to make my way to another train station. Bought my ticket to that train station only to realize that train was delayed by 10minutes which meant I had to find another way to the train station. And quickly. 

Ended up in a taxi and running to the platform. But as it was Italy, my train was late as well. Gah. All this inefficiency. 

Back in Milan. Went to the hotel and dropped my stuff off before heading out to wander around. Oh how I love wandering. 
Final two scoops. Earl grey tea and pick guava
Really liked the earl grey flavour. 

Spent my last night just walking around the park and people watching. 

And that was the end of my week in Italy. 

0 notes dropped: