Wednesday, April 18, 2012

payung.


Stage fright. I think it's something everyone gets. 

And till today it's not something I've gotten rid of. I wouldn't say I'm a seasoned performer, but I have had my fair share of having to perform in front of large crowds. From my annual ballet concerts to performing in KDU or even cheering, till this very day I get this horrible feeling of wanting to throw up about an hour before my performance.

Even going in for piano exams or competing in ballroom competitions. Basically anything which requires me to do something in front of people who are going to judge me

But no one judges a performance you say? Wrong. The moment you step onto that stage you're up for review. How you compare to other dancers on the stage. How you compare to past performances that the audience has seen before. 

I've even had instances where for those 5 minutes just before going on stage I feel as if my mind is blank. Like I can't even remember what the first move of the dance is. Thankfully, once the music comes on my body can sort of sort itself out. 

This Saturday night I will once again have to get through this stage fright thing. Can't even remember the last time I actually performed on stage. Probably some time in secondary school. That being 4 years ago(woah am I old), hopefully everything goes well for Mnight(Malaysian Night). I do miss being part of a big performance. 


1 notes dropped:

Liyana Alsina said...

weng yee ur a great dancer I'm sure u'll do well! i know that for a fact! :) :)
ketipang payung for lifeee hahah.

i stalked ur profile! and found ur blog! hahah