Tuesday, April 10, 2012

blade.

Day trip to Siena! 

By bus it was only an hour and a bit to Siena so quite ideal for a day trip. As soon as I got off the bus I spotted a flea market nearby. And of course how could I resist wandering around a market. Haha. Wandered around for almost two hours as it was a pretty big market with all sorts of stuff. They had clothes, shoes, plants, birds and food. However, by the time I reached the end of the market I didn't quite know where I was.

Thankfully, there were a couple of tour groups around so I just followed them from behind. Sure enough, they were heading towards the town centre where most of the main sights in Siena were.

Honestly you could probably see all the main sights in a couple of hours since there isn't much and everything is so close to each other. Most people go there with a tour but I'm glad I didn't as it meant I had more freedom to choose my sights. The crypt near the Duomo was an interesting visit and since there was almost no one in it it had their slightly eerie feeling.

Got back to Florence around 5 and decided to go to San Lorenzo market where I picked up a new leather wallet for myself. Found it amusing how most of the stalls sold the same thing for different prices. For example in the bigger stalls my wallet was going for 20euros with the stall owner willing to let it go for 18euros whereas I looked into a smaller stall where the owner was really friendly and I got the same wallet for 15euros.

After dinner headed out for a drink with some people from the hostel. Way jealous of all the traveling they've done. Oh how I wish I could take a gap year. Backpack around Europe alone. One can only hope. 

0 notes dropped: