Monday, February 06, 2012

un.

Ah Paris. One hears so many wonderful things about it all the time. So when I finally went there, was slightly afraid that Paris was overhyped and that it wouldn't meet my expectations.

Thankfully, it did. It's such a beautiful city that I would love to stay there for a bit. Perhaps not for life but at least for a month or two.

Flight was delayed for an hour so by the time we landed in Paris it was 5pm instead of the scheduled 4pm. Paris Beauvais was a small airport so getting through immigration was quick. And then it was a 1.5 hour bus ride into Paris itself as Beauvais is more like the country side. The Metro/RER was relatively easy to navigate thanks to the app I downloaded on my iPhone.

Got off at the St. Michel-Notre Dame spot for my first proper sight of Paris. It was dark and cold but even then Paris was beautiful. Although slightly lost at first, managed to find Hotel Marignan(thanks to Julian's app of Paris; what would we do without iPhones I swear) where we would be staying. The guys' room was on the fifth floor which meant an extra 2 flights of stairs compared to us girls to climb but they had a balcony!
View from their balcony.


Checked in with no hassle as the lazy at the counter spoke perfect English. Unloaded our luggage into our rooms which was a lot bigger than I thought it would be after hearing about how small Paris hotel rooms could be and then it was off to dinner.

On the suggestion of the lady who checked us in we ended up in Le Volcan(10, rue Thouin) for dinner. Bout a 10 minute walk from our hotel as it was next to Place de la Contrescarpe(where Ernest Hemingway used to hang out). Three course meal for 12euros was decent I guess.

Campaign Pate for my appetizer.

Cheese and bacon thingy for main course. 

For dessert I had a cheese and chestnut puree dish but was too eager to dig into it hence the lack of a picture. It was really yummy though. 

By the time we were done it was 11ish so wandered around a little and then went back to rest up for a long day ahead. And so day 1(more like night) in Paris was over. 

0 notes dropped: