Monday, September 20, 2010

city.

I'm gonna make an assumption here

that most people who get into relationships before they're 20 are just looking for a 'Right Now' not a 'For The Rest Of My Life'. (Feel free to comment if you think otherwise)

Given my assumption,

I really don't understand why people want relationships?

It's like you know that at one point, you are going to break up and there's going to be heartbreak and lots of tears. Maybe some yelling and throwing of stuff. (If it ended on a bad note)

So does that mean relationships are always good enough to compensate for the bad at the end? I think not. Yet, people are so willing to jump into one. Not to mention the fact that it's not always smooth sailing DURING the relationship. I would say that bad stuff during relationship + breakup > good part of relationship.

Haha. My objective view on it. Perhaps when I'm actually in a relationship I'll be able to understand why people do stupid things and make stupid decisions all for the sake of love.


But then again, you only get the rainbow after the rain.

3 notes dropped:

Anonymous said...

Hmm... It's better to have loved and be heartbroken than not have loved at all...

We are merely such sado-masochistic creatures..

PS: You know who I am

wengyee said...

Better a sadist than a masochist. No pain when a heart breaks cause it'll never be mine.

P.S I don't know =P.

Caroline Tan said...

don't say never. be a masochist ;p enjoy the thrill of the pain. because it makes you that much closer to feeling alive.