Friday, July 03, 2009

pretty please.

  1. To love is nothing. If you are loved it's something. If you are loving and you are loved, that's everything.
  2. True love does not come by finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly.
  3. Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies.
  4. The heart has reasons that reason does not understand.
  5. To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.
  6. If I could be any part of you, I’d be your tears. To be conceived in your heart, born in your eyes, live on your cheeks, and die on your lips. 
  7. You know you're in love when you don't wanna go to sleep at night because your life is better than a dream. 

Some of my favourite classic love quotes. Nice no?

2 notes dropped:

Nick said...

I have been used to think that no.4 is said in disparagement of love. This being so, it would be extremely odd if you still consider it one of your favourite quotes; since the others do not embody the cynicism I ascribed to no.4, which makes me suspect one of us has misunderstood it's meaning. Clarify, please? :)

wengyee said...

Gah. Didn't see this comment till today.
Well, I don't see the quote as shedding a negative light on love. I see it more of as love making people do crazy and weird things. Not necessarily bad.