Friday, July 27, 2012

ombre.



I've always sought solace in the written word. From reading it in books or online to writing it out on paper or typing it out on my computer.

While my computer might hold more than half of my attention what with this blog I update, the fanfics I read, updating twitter and facebook (yes I consider that writing, even if it is just a sentence or two). There's still something about physically holding a book to read or holding a pen a putting my thoughts down onto paper. It feels a lot more comforting for some reason, less mechanical and more natural. Like how it is meant to be.

Life nowadays is moving closer towards a technological one. Even I have to admit that I don't read as much as I used to seeing as I spend most of my time glued to my computer screen. Most people now have a kindle or an iPad in which they read on as it is a lot more convenient than carrying a book around. And people don't seem to write anymore as it is definitely more efficient to type everything out onto the computer with it's autocorrect and search functions just in case you want to change something.

From time to time however, when I'm in the mood, I like to sit down and write. While I have been mainly putting my thoughts into blogposts (after all, I've been blogging since 2005), there are moments when I pick up a pen and just pour my thoughts out onto a piece of paper. It might not always be my opinions or thoughts about my day, it may be something completely fictional or descriptive that I just wanted to get out of my system. When I'm done, I promptly scrunch up the paper and throw it away. One thing I dislike is re-reading my work so if it's on paper I chuck it, if it's online I either delete it or just never open up the same file again.

I guess this blog post is mainly to remind myself of how I will always cling to the 'old' ways of reading and writing with paper instead of a screen. 

0 notes dropped: